Thursday, February 10, 2011

Checking out my new digs

So, where the heck am I?
After Carol and Mike gave my sister to one of their friends, I was getting pretty used to hanging out with my mom and them in Escondido.  On December 8th, I was in for a big surprise.  All of a sudden, they stuff me in a pet carrier and take me to an old man's home in Vista.  Boy was I scared.  When they took me in the house and let me out of the carrier, I scooted under the sofa and didn't come out for over an hour.  When I finally ventured out, Carol and Mike had gone and Rod, the old man, started to try and make friends with me.  He obviously knew I was coming and had a bunch of cool stuff ready for me to play with and everything for keeping a kitty happy.

I was about nine weeks old, but Carol and Mike had already taught me how to use a litter box and Rod had a nice covered one ready for me, plus food, water and all kinds of toys.  He also had a bed for me, but I let him know in a hurry that I'd be sharing his big bed at night.

Rod, Tibbles, Jubilee and her puppies in
Bromley, Kent around 1937.
Rod said he was going to call me Tibbles.  It's kind of a weird name, but he said he remembered his family had a cat named Tibbles  before WWII started, when he was growing up in the UK.  So Tibbles it is.  

Rod has been living by himself since his wife died a few years ago and I guess he's been kind of lonely.  He has lots of time to spend with me, but he says there are too many coyotes where he lives, so he's not going to let me outside.  That's not so bad.  It's a pretty big house and I keep finding new things to do and different places to explore.

I'll tell you more about my adventures as time goes by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. All are reviewed first.