Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My trip to the vet.

Geez, what a day!  Rich and the old guy took me to Tri-City Veterinary Clinic today for my annual check-up.  I'm getting kind of big for the cardboard pet carrier, so I'm hoping the old guy will break down and get me something a little classier.  I really don't like riding in the car, even though it's only for a few minutes.  Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I could see what's going on outside.


Come on Rod, buy me a classy carrier.
I really like Dr. Porte and his assistant, Robin and they treat me great, but I wasn't expecting a lot of the things that happened to me today.  Can you guess how they took my temperature?  Definitely not cool!  Dr. Porte put drops in my nose and gave me my 3-year rabies feline shot.  He also checked me for feline leukemia and a bunch of other stuff.  The old guy was supposed to take in a stool sample, but the one he fished out of my litter box was from late last night and a little too old, so Rich had to take another one back.  Trust the old guy to goof it up!  I've been growing my claws back out to have some fun with Rich, but the vet trimmed them again, so I need to start all over with them.

Wow!  That made my eyes water.
The vet says I'm a pretty healthy kitty, but I now weigh 14 lbs. 10 ozs.  I've lost about half a pound, but the vet says I'm still too heavy and he wants to see me below 14 pounds. I guess I won't be getting as many treats as before.  Maybe it would help if I did some more high jumping.

Something tells me I'm not going to like this.


3 comments:

  1. When the kitty nurse grabs your scruff it is usually a bad sign. My Puck has been at the vet a lot lately and he doesn't like it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Darn -- I typed a bunch of stuff and it all went WOOOSH ...

    I will never understand why vets still use that olde method for taking temperatures -- when I had my kittys and had to take them to the vet, I gave the doctor TWO digital thermometers that give the temp in seconds, even from inside the ear [as I recall] ...

    who really cares that you are TEN ounces over 14 pounds ? Cats [and many people] tend to gain weight as they age

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Troglodite, you didn't lose the stuff you typed. I got it three different times.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. All are reviewed first.