Friday, September 2, 2011

Checking out the shopping.


I can always depend on a little fun when Rich, or the old guy go shopping.  I just love to play with the paper bags or stick my head in the cartons they bring back.  They were gone for a long time today and I guess they were looking for a new bed for Rich’s room.  The one in there now is a queen-size and takes up too much room.  I heard them talking this evening and I guess the store is going to deliver a twin-size bed tomorrow morning and pick up the old bed.  That will give Rich a lot more room and maybe he’ll let me in there more to play.  I know they’re going to lock me in the bathroom when the bed gets delivered so I don’t slip out the door.  I wonder what it would be like to be an outside cat?  The old guy says there are way too many hungry coyotes out there, plus he lives in a senior community and they don’t like pets wandering around loose.  Oh well, I’ve got it pretty good, so I’m not going to complain.



4 comments:

  1. Tibbles, wowsers, a new paper bag for you to shred to bits -- what is in that smallish closed box that Rich keeps pushing at you?

    didn't you say there was a new wine box? I didn't see it ...

    when Rich sticks you in the bedroom when his new smaller mattress arrives, sneak out and hide under the bed -- then when he turns the lights out you can bite his feet to show him who is boss in Rod's and YOUR house ...

    you don't really want to go outside -- those hungry coyotes would gobble you up as a snack in a second

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wine box was on the left side of the island and the closed box Was an empty diet cola carton. The old guy is wondering if you realize you can click on the video and enlarge it, or click on the lower right hand corner and watch in full screen on UTube. That way, you can see things a lot better.

    Rich ha been really busy this weekend. He took a whole load of stuff to Goodwill yesterday and has spent today straightening out his room and moving stuff around. It shouldn't be much longer before he gets everything squared away. That will be nice for all;of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tibbles, you really like your fuzzy owl to have fun with -- close your eyes as I sing you kitty tunes and imagine that it was alive and adopted you as a soul brother ...

    he would visit you all the time, sing you owl songs, tell you stories about the outside world and the really nasty cats he knows out there ...

    PLUS, he would bring you warm delicious treats at night tat taste way better than chicken -- the two of you could play tricks on Rich -- you both sneak into Rich's bedroom when he is sound asleep -- your owl pal drops a warm yummy rat on Rich's face as you bite his toes, then exit as mysteriously as you entered ...

    I think I would hear Rich's screams way over here on the east coast ...

    here is the information about your new owl pal ...

    http://www.owlpages.com/articles.php?section=Owl+Stories&title=Caring+Owl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could get cozy with a real owl. They have big sharp talons and eat rabbits and things just about as big as me. I see the owl lives in South Africa. The old guy's mom was from England, but his dad was born and raised in Cape Town, South Africa. The old guy's parents met and married when his mom went to South Africa to try and salvage the remains of a bankrupt mine the family had invested in heavily. The old guy was actually born in Southern Rhodesia, which is now called Zimbabwe and in very bad shape. He caught malaria when he was about a year old and his parents took him back to England to live.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. All are reviewed first.