Friday, November 18, 2011

Going to get my claws clipped.


The old guy pulled out the pet carrier from under the sideboard this morning, so I guess he wasn’t kidding about taking me to get my claws clipped.  You’d think the old cheapskate would at least spring for a real carrier instead of a glorified cardboard box.  Anyway, the box ain’t all that bad.  It has lots of air holes and the nice lady at the vet put a soft towel on the bottom of the box, so it’s quite comfortable.  However, I’ve grown quite a bit and there’s not much room to move around in it.  I’m afraid the bottom of the box may break and I’ll fall out if I get any bigger.

The vet is just a few blocks away, but riding in the car is kind of weird, especially when I can’t see where I’m going and I was meowing all the way there.  The vet did a nice job of trimming my claws so I guess it will be a while before I can tag Rich again.  The vet says I now weigh 14lbs, 14 ounces, so I’m a pretty big kitty.  The old guy says he’ll have to cut down on the chicken treats before I put on any more weight.






2 comments:

  1. Tibbles, you seem to have enjoyed examining that pet carrier -- it looks like it is great shape, BUT a little small for you now -- one of those plastic pet carriers would be a lot better -- that is what I always used for my kittys when I had them ...

    it occurred to me that Rod could make a Tibbles, the Cat Christmas stamp with one of the other stamp kits I sent you -- make it horizontal with a Christmas tree or some holiday ornament beside you, or you wearing a Santa hat -- wouldn't that be super kewl ?

    yesterday I got a FREE 15 pound turkey from the place I buy most of my food in West Trenton -- I had to collect six coupons for $50 purchases to get it without cost ...

    I haven't made a turkey for Thanksgiving for MANY years and hope I can find my olde recipe for it ...

    are you having turkey for turkey day? My kitkats loved turkey, and it lasted us about a week or more ...

    I see you now have a thirteenth follower -- good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the old guy is thinking of making a holiday stamp of me with the stamp kit. Rich went to the 99 cents store and picked up a pet hat and a bunch of other stuff, but I don't know if I'll let him put that on me. We'll see how it goes.

    I think my 13th follower is Greg, the old guy's married son. I''ll have the old guy ask him. Rich and Rod are going to Greg's house for Thanksgiving dinner in San Clemente. There will be eight people there altogether: The old guy, Rich, Greg, his wife Robin and her 90 year old dad, Bob, plus the old guy's granddaughter Chloe, Carli (the married granddaughter) and her husband, Dusty. Carli is expecting and the old guy is hoping his first great-grandson will be born on his birthday, December 11. That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. All are reviewed first.