Saturday, June 11, 2011

Spaghetti for dinner


Yeah, spaghetti for dinner!  I really enjoy it when the old guy decides to cook some pasta for dinner.  It’s real easy to snag a couple of strands while he’s dishing it out and I can have all kinds of fun with it, even if it does‘t taste all that good to me.  Rod says he's going to have to get the carpet cleaned pretty soon, so I'd better have fun making a mess while I have the chance.

It’s been a really busy weekend for the old guy’s family and he hasn’t been paying as much attention to me as usual.   Friday was the 53rd birthday of Rod’s oldest son, Greg, and Carli, his oldest granddaughter, got married on the same day.  He’s going to the wedding reception Sunday and his daughter, Jill, is flying in from Chicago for the occasion.  I’m hoping he’s going to bring me back a couple of little snacks.  They are having it at Iva Lee’s in San Clemente—a restaurant that specializes in gourmet Southern cooking (is that an oxymoron?), so I’m hoping for a few Cajun tidbits.




  

1 comment:

  1. Tibbles, you always manage to mess the rugs up, making MORE work for Rod...

    congratulations to his family -- it's nice that they will be together again ...

    you would probably NOT like traditional Cajun food -- it is usually VERY spicey -- maybe he can bring you some live cajun crayfish that you could play with as their claws nip at your nose and paws

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. All are reviewed first.