Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fun With Fettuccine



Tonight, the old guy made some pasta sauce with meat and mushrooms and cooked up some fettuccine.  It’s kinda like spaghetti, but flat.  I was able to grab a couple of strands while he had it draining in the sink and I’ve been having a ball playing with it. 

It must be hard for the old guy to cook for just one person, but he seems to come up with a pretty good variety of dishes and seems to enjoy doing it.  He gets a lot of recipes off of Food Network and cooks all kinds of fish and chicken.  He made some beef stew the other night that was really tasty and also made a meatloaf, but forgot it was in the oven and almost burned it.  Rod makes large enough portions to freeze some individual packages, so there’s always something good to eat in the freezer.  When he bakes chicken, he saves the carcass and makes some chicken soup.  I get to sample it and really like that.  Yummy!  I wonder what’s on tomorrow’s menu?       



1 comment:

  1. Tibbles, pasta sauce with meat and mushrooms is one of my favorites -- the fettuccine is an added delight ...

    when I had my kittys I would make a LOT at one time in a large stainless steel "cauldron" and freeze some for later -- fish, lamb, ground beef and chicken were our favorites -- meat loaf was yummy but I didn't make it too often ...

    you shouldn't really play with food -- it gets all over the place and Rod has to clean up after you ...

    I see that Rod takes very good care of you, as always, with a nice varied delicious menu -- I wonder what will be your next special treat?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. All are reviewed first.