Friday, July 15, 2011

The Old Guy Is Back Home.


It was fun having Rich looking after me while the old guy was in the hospital, but I’ve gotta admit I really missed him and was very happy to see him come home today.  He said they kept him in the ER for 13 hours before admitting him on Tuesday and then put him through all kinds of procedures for three days.  Rod has to take a blood thinner because he has a couple of stents in his heart, but he also has a colon problem and the blood thinner makes him bleed easily.  He’s going to need to be extra careful about what he eats from here on out.

Anyway, it’s good to have the old guy home again.  He conked out in his chair almost as soon as he got in the door and I took a nice long nap with him.  Maybe now we can get back to our normal routine.

Thanks, Rich, for taking such good care of me.   I sure hope you reach your goal of raising $5,000 for Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF).  Just two days left to donate and have a chance at winning some great prizes.  Check it out: 
http://raceforareason2011.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=451145&supid=285201911



3 comments:

  1. Tibbles, you look sooooo happy to be resting with Rod again after his stay at the hospital -- he shows that he enjoys your company as he pets you and scratches you behind your ear ,,,

    now he has to watch his diet so the symptoms don't keep returning ...

    yesterday I went to ShopRite where they had a special on cherries -- I got myself a two pound bag and munch on them every so often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I don't think he likes to admit it, but I think he really did miss me while he was in the hospital. He was worried because I was by myself quite a bit while he was gone. Rich took good care of me, but he couldn't be around all the time.

    I'm glad you got some cherries because the old guy says they're very good for you.. I thought you didn't like all the little pits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tibbles, I may not enjoy pulling the stems off and chewing out the pits

    but as they say

    Life is the pits, so one gets used to it since cherries are good for you

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. All are reviewed first.