Monday, July 25, 2011

Having Fun With My Owl


I’ve grown really fond of the stuffed owl toy that Troglodite, one of my fans, sent to me a while back.  He’s just the right size for me to be able to grab with all four paws and have some roughhouse fun.  And what’s nice is that he doesn’t fight back.  The old guy tells me I’m lucky that he's not the real thing because a real owl has very sharp claws and could eat me for lunch with no problem.

Greg, the old guy’s other son dropped by to see us this evening on his way back from San Diego.  He was surprised how much I’ve grown and said I’m not really a kitty any more.  Maybe not, but I still like to play and have fun.  I’m sure there will be plenty of time for me to laze around like the old guy when I get older.





2 comments:

  1. Tibbles, I sorta knew you would love the soft fuzzy Legends of the Guardians owls I sent you -- I am glad you like it ...

    this is the first time I think you mentioned Greg -- how many children does Rod have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg is the old guy's older married son and he lives in San Clemente. Greg has two daughters--one was married recently and is expecting a baby boy in December. That will be the old guy's first great grandchild. The other granddaughter was a surfer and then a dancer in high school. She is now going to college.

    The old guy also has a daughter who lives in Chicago and is a VP of a travel company. She travels all over the world and we don't get to see her very often. She got back from a four week trip to China about two weeks ago and just left this weekend for an inspection trip in France. She is checking out the hotels and ship they will be using for a river cruise from Paris to Normandy.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. All are reviewed first.